'Water coming out of plug sockets and puddles on the floor' Hemel woman criticises housing association over 'nightmare' home
Hightown Housing Association say it has been working to find a permanent solution to the problem for the resident
A woman from Hemel Hempstead living in a 'disgusting' flat has criticised Hightown Housing Association's lack of action to repair the problems.
The woman, who does not wish to be named, has been living in Jellicoe House for four years and her mum says several complaints have been made to the housing association about water coming down from the walls and mould in the bedrooms, but nothing has been done.
Her mum said: "The flat has been extremely damp for the past three years, and there is mould all over her bedroom, and mould on the mattresses.
"There's been water coming down the walls in the front room, coming out of plug sockets, puddles of water on the front room floor.
"This has been going on for three years and we have been in touch with Hightown Housing Association many times.
"I've made formal complaints but still they say there's nothing wrong with the property and they are waiting for the roof to be redone, which never happens.
"The damp and mould is a nightmare, it's disgusting. They are all suffering with their health because of it.
"Something needs to be done, I want Hightown to sort the problem or move her out of there before it gets worse.
"Also last weekend, the glass door to the balcony, the inside panel shattered. I called the emergency team who came out took the shattered glass away but left all the jagged parts embedded in the frame.
"It should not have been left like that, there are two young children living in that house, it was very dangerous.
"It would have been so much easier if they would have put tape over it to stop the kids cutting themselves.
"It is ridiculous, there are young children living here and they could have easily cut themselves."
A spokesman for Hightown Housing Association said: "We are very sorry that our resident has been impacted by rain water leaks.
"We have been working to find a permanent solution to the problem and works are due to start shortly after approval has been received from the insurers.
"We received information from our resident last week supporting her application for a move and this is currently being actively considered.
"The plug socket was urgently made safe when the leak was reported to us.
"We are sorry if the out of hours contractor who responded to the shattered panel at the weekend missed removing some of the glass and did not leave it in a state we would have expected; the panel was replaced on Monday.
"We are in contact with our resident over the issues she has raised and an officer will be meeting with her next Monday."