Faith News (including Petertide donations to charity)
The latest news from faith groups in your area.
Representatives from three charities were in Berkhamsted’s St Peter’s Church on a recent Sunday to receive cheques for their share of the proceeds from the 33rd annual Petertide Fair.
The event was held in the grounds of the High Street venue on Saturday, June 14.
The church’s annual fundraising event, plus a quiz night earlier in the year, netted £10,080 which was split equally between three external charities – The Hospice of St Francis, Ashlyns School and Silent Voices.
The money will be used to support chaplaincy provision at the hospice, to provide equipment for Ashlyns School’s new sports hall and to provide a sign language summer school for deaf children in south-west Uganda, helping to improve their quality of life.
Petertide Fair chairman Pru Murray said: “Thanks to the support of the people of Berkhamsted and congregation of St Peter’s, we enjoyed another fantastic Petertide Fair in June.
“Not only is the event an important occasion in Berkhamsted’s town calendar but it also raises a lot of money for charity, two of which were local to us this year – which will benefit many across our community.”
Christmas is coming...
The ladies group at Hemel Hempstead’s Carey Baptist Church will be holding their Christmas fair on Saturday, October 25, at 10.30am until 2pm. in aid of Berkhamsted-based The Hospice of St.Francis.
There will be toys, books, cakes and preservs , toiletries and jewellery as well as Christmas cards sold in aid of the hospice and much more.
Tea, coffee and biscuits and light lunches will be served which should make for a very enjoyable and worthwhile morning.
Loved ones remembered
On the weekend encompassing the celebration of All Souls on Sunday, November 2, (and shortly before and after) churches across Hemel Hempstead will be holding special services in remembrance of our loved ones whom we have entrusted into God’s care.
Details of these services are provided below.
– Sautrday, November 1, at 3pm: St Alban’s Church, Warners End (HP1 QF).
– Sunday, November 2, at 11am: Church of the Resurrection, Grovehill (HP2 6BJ).
– Sunday, November 2, at 3pm: St Mary’s Church, Old Town (HP1 3AE).
– Sunday, November 3, at 3pm: St Barnaas’ Church, Adeyfield (HP2 4HY).
– Sunday, November 2, at 3pm: St John the Evangelist, Boxmoor (HP1 1JY).
– Sunday, November 2, at 3pm: Holy Trinity Church, Leverstock Green (HP3 8LP).
– Sunday, November 2, at 6.30pm: St Benedict’s Church, Bennetts End (HP3 8JU).
– Sunday, November 9, at 6.30pm: St Mary’s Church, Apsley End (HP3 9XH).
– Monday, November 10, at 2.30pm: Two Beeches Retirement Home, Grovehill (HP2 6AU).