A local charity is looking for two more keen cyclists to join its team for a sponsored relay through the Vosges region of France.
The Road Victims Trust offers a range of free support services to people in Herts, Beds and Cambs who have been affected by fatal road collisions.
The charity already has two supporters ready and willing to take part in The Extra Mile 2016 Lake Geneva Challenge, and it now needs two more volunteers to make up the team.
The challenge, which takes place in September, tracks the Rhine along the German/French Border to the final stop in Montreux, on the shore of Lake Geneva, in Switzerland.
Teams of four ride the spectacular 500-mile route in relay, mostly on minor roads, with each cyclist covering about 45 miles a day.
The event ends with a Gala Dinner on the lakeside at the famous Montreux Casino.
Each year, the Extra Mile Lake Geneva Challenge supports three charities, and last year the Road Victims Trust was one of the chosen charities, receiving £8,000 from the challenge.
This year, the charity hopes to enter its own team.
Cyclists get to donate 75 per cent of their sponsorship monies to their own chosen charity, with the remaining 25 per cent going to the charities selected by the organisers.
Entry to the challenge works out at £399 per person, with a reduced price of £374 per person for Early Bird registration (until July 21).
Anyone interested in signing up for the relay team can call fundraising manager Jenny Hillam on 01234 843345 or 07940 534202, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the challenge, see www.extra-mile.org.uk