Be aware of road delays during music festival
Standon Calling Music Festival takes place later this month, and highways bosses are warning of possible delays and some road closures.
More than 10,000 people are expected at the event at Standon Lordship on July 29-31.
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways at Hertfordshire County Council, said: “We strongly urge motorists to pay attention to advice on how they can avoid delays for the duration of the event.
“We want festival-goers to have an enjoyable experience so we advise them to take the suggested best routes possible to and from the site.”
Superintendent Fiona Gaskell, from Herts Police, said: “We are expecting traffic delays and the advice to people attending Standon Calling is to leave plenty of time for your journey.
“Anyone else who would normally use the roads in the area or who is going to Stansted Airport is being asked to use alternative routes where they can so they don’t get caught up in the event traffic.”
Motorists are advised that:
• A road closure will be in place on Dowsetts Lane and Barwick road from 10am on Thursday, July 28, until 2pm on Monday, August 1. All access to Latchford, Barwick and Hanging Wood is via Gore Lane during the closure. Diversion routes will be signed;
• Standon Bridleway 19 is also closed for 12 days, from Monday, July 25, to Friday, August 5, in the interest of public safety;
• Festival traffic will enter the site at the west end of Dowsetts Lane, travel east to the vehicle drop off point, and camping and accessible parking areas. Traffic can then exit the site by turning left out of Barwick Road onto the A120;
• All traffic will be prohibited from turning right from the old A10 into Dowsetts Lane and from Barwick Road onto the A120;
• Event and diversion route signing will be in place. The postcode for attendees using their SatNavs is SG11 1EE.
Pedestrians are advised that:
• The only pedestrian access to and from the festival site is via Bridleway 30.
Leaving the site:
• All cars will be directed to leave the festival site via Barwick Road.
Alternative access to Stansted Airport:
• From the north, use the A10 southbound to the A505 at Royston, A505 east to M11 junction 10 at Duxford, M11 south to junction 8 at Bishop’s Stortford, then A120 to the airport.
• From the south, use the M25 to M11 junction 27, then take the M11 north to junction 8, Bishop’s Stortford, then the A120 to the airport.
• Alternatively from the south, use the A10 northbound, then A414 eastbound to Harlow, then A1184 northbound to Bishop’s Stortford, then A120 to the airport.