Yoga teacher looks forward to resuming face-to-face classes in Dacorum
Send us good news from your businesses, clubs, groups, sports teams and family celebrations
A Yoga teacher in Potten End is looking forward to welcoming people back next week for face-to-face classes as the lockdown restrictions continue to ease from Monday, April 12.
Outdoor exercise was allowed to resume from March 29, as part of the Prime Minsiter's roadmap out of lockdown, and Cristina Freniche, owner of My Yoga Corner, has welcomed the news and is looking forward to her classes returning next week.
She said: "Due to the pandemic restrictions, I have only been able to run face to face classes for three or four months in the last year.
"Straight away I moved them all online, but unfortunately it didn't work very well - in pregnancy and postnatally there's a big need for social interaction and making friends, and that's much harder through a screen.
"Many new parents feel they have missed out on a lot of activities they would have normally done with their babies.
"Once we're allowed to run again, my classes will try and bridge the gap, encouraging friendships as well as bonding with baby and of course practising yoga!
"I have now updated my booking system to include some outdoor yoga classes, and some indoor baby classes, - as always, guidelines dependent."
Here's what will be on offer at My Yoga Corner:
- From Saturday, April 10: Pregnancy Yoga Outdoors on Saturdays. Any class that does not run because of the rain will be pushed to the following week. If you are currently attending the class online on Tuesday evenings, you will not have to pay for the outdoor class
- From Saturday, April 17: Pregnancy and Birth Support group (free) will run monthly on Saturdays
- From Wednesday, April 14, and Monday, April 26: Baby Massage courses will resume at the studio on Mondays or Wednesdays
- From, Wednesday, April 14: Postnatal Yoga with Baby Yoga Outdoors on Wednesdays. Any class that does not run because of the rain will be pushed to the following week
- From Monday, May 17: All classes should move indoors.
Cristina added: "The way outdoor classes will work is as follows: you will only be able to book drop-ins, and they will be weather dependent as I don't have anywhere to protect us from the rain.
"My next Starting Solids workshop is scheduled for Sunday, April 25, (online).
"I also want to start a 4th trimester support group, and restart the Sling and Cloth Nappy library."
Why not get involved in the Hemel Gazette's Happy Returns feature? We’d be delighted to hear details of how businesses and the community are emerging from the restrictions of the pandemic.
Send us good news from your businesses, clubs, groups, sports teams and family celebrations.