Hemel Hempstead shopping centre re-opens in safe and controlled manner for shoppers
Non-essential shops have re-opened as lockdown eases
The Marlowes has re-opened today (Monday) in a safe and controlled manner, with measures implemented to ensure strict adherence to government guidelines.
Access to the centre will be closely monitored by extra staff and existing footfall technology and a traffic light queuing system will be put in place depending on the status of the centre.
A spokesperson for The Marlowes said: "We have undertaken extensive planning and consultation with local authorities, retailers and service providers to ensure the health and wellbeing of our shoppers and staff, with detailed guidelines having been issued to our occupiers and centre teams.
"Access to the centre is currently closely monitored through additional staff and using our existing footfall technology, with visitor capacity carefully controlled to maintain social distancing and to protect our visitors, occupiers and staff.
"If the density of shoppers rises to levels that may prevent social distancing, access to the centre will be reduced or temporarily stopped until numbers reduce.
"A queuing system will be put in place dependant on the status of the centre:
- RED status: We have reached shopper capacity – Shoppers will be asked to join the queue to safely enter the centre
- AMBER status: We are near to reaching shopper capacity – Shoppers may need to be prepared to queue to safely enter the centre.
- GREEN status: The centre is free flowing – no queues, a good time to shop.
"We want everyone in our centres to feel as safe as possible and ask our shoppers to please adhere to the government’s guidance on social distancing to reduce social interaction between people to help prevent the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Do not enter the centre if you are experiencing any of the COVID19 symptoms
- Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from all other members of the public
- Strictly observe the centre’s social distancing measures as instructed by staff and stores.
"We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Marlowes and up to date information on accessibility is available on centre websites and via social media channels."
The following stores are now open:
Opening times Monday- Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 11am-4pm unless stated.
- Wilko: 9am-6pm
- Holland And Barrett: 9am-5.30pm
- Marks & Spencers: 8am-6pm
- Tesco: 7am-10pm daily
- Vision Express: Emergency appointments only, Tuesday- Saturday: 10am-5pm
- Specsavers: Monday- Saturday: 9am-6pm. Sunday: 10am-5pm. Essential and urgent eye care appointments only.
- The Entertainer
- JD Sports
- Cards Direct
- H Samuel
- Marlowes New
- Sports Direct
- Lawrence Warren
- Yours: Monday-Saturday 9.30-5.30pm, Sunday 10.30-3.30
- David Pressman
- Robert Dyas: Monday-Saturday 9.00-6.00pm, Sunday 10.30-4.30pm
- The Perfume Shop opening 17th June
- Claires Accessories opening 19th June
- Metro Bank: 10am-4pm, closed weekends
- Halifax: 10am-2pm, closed weekends
- HSBC: 10am-2pm, closed weekends
- Natwest: 10am-1pm, closed weekends
Food and Drink, available for take out only:
- Cappuccio: Monday- Saturday: 10am-5pm, Sunday: 10am-4pm
- Muffin Break: Monday- Saturday: 10am-3pm
- Al Frescos
- Shake a Shake
Please note individual store times may vary.