Greggs is re-opening two branches in Hemel Hempstead from today
Here are the new rules and menu
Greggs is re-opening more than 800 branches from today across the UK, including two in Hemel Hempstead, with new social distancing measures in place, and an updated menu.
Fans of the high street bakery chain will now be able to walk into shops for food and drink orders, with items such as the beloved vegan sausage roll and steak bake on offer.
The branch in Maylands Avenue, and one of the branches in The Marlowes have re-opened.
Customers will be allowed to walk in to order their food and drinks, but they will be takeaway only with no sit-in options.
Roger Whiteside, Greggs Chief Executive, said: “Over the past month, we have carried out robust trials using our new operational and social distancing measures and they have progressed well.
“This has allowed us to move to our next re-opening phase with just over 800 of our shops welcoming customers back this week.”
What’s on the menu?
The stores will be working from a limited menu, but all the fan favourites will still be available to buy.
The following items are included on the menu:
- Breakfast rolls (bacon, sausage, omelette)
- Sausage rolls
- Vegan sausage rolls
- Steak bakes
- Vegan steak bakes
- Chicken bakes
- Pastries like croissants, doughnuts and yum yums
- Sandwiches and baguettes
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cold drinks as well
You can see the full menu here.
To keep customers and staff safe during the reopening of more branches, there are new social distancing rules in place.
The customer rules are:
- One adult per household allowed in the shop
- Customers must follow the floor markings
- Keep 2m distance from others
- Card payments only, no cash
Store rules include:
- Increased focus on handwashing and hygiene
- 30 minute cleans for all equipment and touchpoints
- Safe social distancing with other staff
- All colleagues have been provided with PPE.
You can see the full list of all stores that are reopening from Thursday 18 June here.Alternatively, you can look up your nearest branch using the Shop Finder tool on the Greggs website here.
The Shop Finder tool will show you the nearest open branches near you, as well as the opening hours and services they offer, such as walk-in orders, drive-thru or delivery.