Hemel Rovers move second as hot-shot Hanafan hits four

MCHG 12-912  Tring Athletic A versus Martin Baker Rovers in blue.
John Carey Scores Tring's first goal.

MCHG 12-912 Tring Athletic A versus Martin Baker Rovers in blue. John Carey Scores Tring's first goal.

Hemel Rovers moved into second place in the West Herts Saturday League Premier Division thanks to four goals by Paul Hanafan in a 7-3 win over Oxhey Wanderers.

Olly Buckley (2) and Alex McCarthy were also on target for Hemel, who were perhaps flattered by the scoreline. Leading 4-3 and hanging on, Rovers were living dangerously but Hanafan score three times in the last 10 minutes to make sure of the points.

Elsewhere, Kings Sports recorded a 4-0 success at Croxley C&H thanks to strikes from Josh Moya (2), Dan Tomkins and Chazi Okoro. The win takes them into third spot behind Rovers and leaders Tring Athletic A.

Rovers Reserves, meanwhile, had their shooting boots on in an 11-0 mauling of Old Parmetarians. Karl Davidson helped himself to four goals, and Dave Flack (2) Curtis Donaldson (2) Josh Bromfield, Asher Alleyn and Waim Hussain completed the scoring.

In other action, Tring Athletic B took all the points in a 4-1 win at Engineer Harpenden, while Hemel Shooters beat Oxhey Reserves 3-2 with goals from Warren Davies (2) and Jon Davies.

The Hemel Rovers A side completed a win treble for the club as they overcame Gadebridge Reserves 4-0. The scorers were Jamie Evans, Darren Trustram, Drew Duggan and Nick Perrin.

It was not such good news for Potten End, however, as they crashed to a 3-0 defeat to Oxhey Jets B.

On cup duty, Tring Athletic A moved into the next round of the Watford Peace Shield, beating Martin Baker 3-2 after extra time. Goals by Glen Sizer, Jon Carey (pictured) and Martyn Travers saw them through.

Gadebridge FC progressed to the next round of the Webster Cup after thrashing Global FC 6-0 with goals from Eliot Rowland (2), Dan Holiman, Lewis Crowys, Marvis Edmund and Arnold Adzahos. Bovingdon FC bowed out of the competition as they went down 4-2 at Wheathampstead.




Back to the top of the page