DCSIMG

Woman hospitalised after flat fire

Photo from Randalls Ride flat fire, tweeted by @HEMELFIRE

Photo from Randalls Ride flat fire, tweeted by @HEMELFIRE

 

Hemel Hempstead’s fire crews have issued a warning about leaving candles burning unattended after a flat fire in the town last night.

Two engines from the town’s Queensway base were called to the blaze in a first floor apartment in Randalls Ride, thought to have been caused when the flame from a candle set fire to a pair of curtains.

One woman was taken to hospital for mild smoke inhalation following the incident, which began shortly before 1am and was made safe within half an hour by firefighters in breathing apparatus.

Later the Twitter account @HEMELFIRE tweeted a photo of the damage and the caution: “Red watch attended a fire last night – don’t leave candles near curtains.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news