DCSIMG

After flooding castle open again in time for Easter – but the people in charge of it don’t seem to realise that

Waiting for Video...
 
 

Berkhamsted Castle has now reopened after more than a month of closure due to flooding – but the people who manage the site do not seem to have realised.

An inaccurate note on the website of English Heritage, which controls the site for owner the Duchy of Cornwall, says it is still closed

But the Berkhamsted Local History & Museum Society will be given tours of the historic landmark from 10am to 6pm from Saturday until Easter Monday.

Chairman Jenny Sherwood said: “Why don’t the 100 plus children whose school trips were cancelled because of the recent flooding bring your parents this coming weekend?

“Visit the best example of a motte and bailey castle remaining in the country. You will not be disappointed!”

UPDATE: The English Heritage website has been updated since we published this story. English Heritage says it was not updated previously due to technical issues.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page