A new comedy drama based on the children’s book Mr Stink by comedian David Walliams is being filmed in Hemel Hempstead.
The BBC have been shooting the adaptation starring Sheridan Smith – above – Johnny Vegas and Hugh Bonneville at an empty shop in Marlowes, which has been decked out to look like a newsagents.
Smith, who played Rudi in the hit comedy Gavin and Stacey, stars alongside comedian Johnny Vegas as a mum and dad to lonely 12-year-old Chloe, played by Nell Tiger Free, who befriends a tramp named Mr Stink, played by Downton Abbey star Bonneville.
David Walliams will also make an appearance as the prime minister – and Britain’s Got Talent winner Pudsey the dog is also in the cast.
Filming, which is also taking place in Gadebridge Park and coffee shop Tiki’s, is expected to continue for the rest of the week. The programme will also be filmed in 3D.
Picture by Marlowes Shopping Centre.
- Tailbacks on M1 as man injured in lorry-caravan smash
- Bovingdon man to face murder trial
- UPDATE: Staff from Tring’s oldest family business distraught after track death tragedy
- Inquest opens after Berkhamsted man dies in track death tragedy
- Takeaway sounds warning about fake £20 notes that are doing the rounds
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hemel Hempstead
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 13 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North