Water is again flowing through Gadebridge Park after council workers began work to clear weeds from the river.
It means water that had flooded the Hemel Hempstead park, including a children’s play area, has now flowed back into the River Gade.
Sandbags now line parts of the river in a bid to keep the water, which had threatened to swamp the nearby bowls club, at bay.
Teams from Dacorum Borough Council’s Clean, Safe and Green department started work on the middle section of the river in the park - where it is at its deepest - on Thursday. They hope to complete the work tomorrow.
- Tailbacks on M1 as man injured in lorry-caravan smash
- Bovingdon man to face murder trial
- UPDATE: Staff from Tring’s oldest family business distraught after track death tragedy
- Inquest opens after Berkhamsted man dies in track death tragedy
- Takeaway sounds warning about fake £20 notes that are doing the rounds
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hemel Hempstead
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 13 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North