EIGHT big bags of rubbish were collected by 43 children during a weekend litter blitz.
Hands-on 1st Apsley Scouts marked the movement’s Community Week by hosting a street clean up.
They were posted at Marlowes and Bunkers Park in Hemel Hempstead on Saturday, May 19. Children also visited the town’s B&Q where they helped pack bags and were treated to a power tools demonstration, which earned them their scouting DIY badges.
More than £600 was raised. It will be split between the Scouting Development Grants Board and the group’s Raise the Roof Campaign – a fundraising drive to replace the roof at the scout hall in Durrants Hill Road.
- Tailbacks on M1 as man injured in lorry-caravan smash
- Bovingdon man to face murder trial
- UPDATE: Staff from Tring’s oldest family business distraught after track death tragedy
- Inquest opens after Berkhamsted man dies in track death tragedy
- Takeaway sounds warning about fake £20 notes that are doing the rounds
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hemel Hempstead
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 13 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North