The start of the Christmas countdown will be kicked off by the ever-popular Victorian Evening on Saturday.
The fun in Hemel Hempstead’s Old Town is organised by Community Action Dacorum and will run from 4pm to 8pm.
The Blue Angel Majorettes will get the party started with a display at 4.30pm, readings from A Christmas Carol by Hemel Hempstead Library will be at 5pm and Queen Victoria will arrive at 5.30pm. St Mary’s Church choir will perform at 5.45pm, the Light Up A Life celebration with Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice to remember loved ones who have passed away will be at 6.15pm, followed by the switching on of the Christmas lights at 6.30pm and Christmas carols by brownies and guides at 6.40pm. .
The entertainment and switch-on will be broadcast live by Radio Dacorum, so anyone that cannot make it should tune in online.
- Tailbacks on M1 as man injured in lorry-caravan smash
- Bovingdon man to face murder trial
- UPDATE: Staff from Tring’s oldest family business distraught after track death tragedy
- Inquest opens after Berkhamsted man dies in track death tragedy
- Takeaway sounds warning about fake £20 notes that are doing the rounds
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Hemel Hempstead
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 13 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North