A mother who locked herself out of the house while her baby was inside has told the HeraldExpress how she tearfully watched him cry without being able to do anything about it.
Neha Sinha, 32, who had been putting her wheelie bin away, called the fire service to her Lamsey Road home in Bennetts End at about 9.20am on Monday.
She said: “Luckily I had left my baby in the pram, which was quite safe, but by the time they opened the door, he was crying a lot.
“I was quite shocked and really into tears, because he’s just small. He’s four-and-half months old.”
A firefighter a ladder to climb through an open first-floor window, then let Neha in through the front door. Baby Nishk was unharmed.